19.1.10

Get Back Into Your Skinny Clothes!

Are you holding on to clothes that haven't fit in months or even years? Well, you might want to hold on to them just a little bit longer. Use them as motivation! And don't let anyone sabotage your efforts with their negativity. This is YOUR descision to get healthy. Here's what one teammate says about being inspired to fit back into her skinny jeans and ignoring her mother-in-law's efforts to keep her from adopting new habits.

My mother in-law lives with us and she came out today and saw me watching a TV program while doing a low-impact aerobic workout at the same time. She stood there and looked at me with this strange look on her face and said: "What are you doing?" I told her I was getting a workout in where I could. She just tsk-tsked at me and walked away....

She is over 250 pounds and it's killing her that I'm trying to lose weight. "You're ONLY a size 10. Why do you need to lose weight?" I lost 4 pounds this week, plus an inch off my waistline and I'm thrilled. I want to get back into my skinny jeans. I want to be able to walk up a flight of stairs and not have my thighs burning in pain. I want to be able to ride my bike down to the corner store and not feel like I'm gonna die. Do I miss my chips etc. Of course I do. And when I'm at my goal weight I might treat myself a little bit here and there, but she'll never get it. Don't let anyone sabotage all the good you're doing!!! Stay strong!! – floridawoman

Okay, now it's your turn. Do you have a favorite article of clothing lurking in your closet that might be a little too snug? Make it your goal to get back into that article of clothing! Getting to these small victories will keep you motivated and encourage you to work even harder. Despite what anyone else may say to bring you down, it's up to you to finally meet your weight-loss goals!

From LOSING IT! With Jillian Michaels
Monday, January 18, 2010

No comments: